GREAT GOURMET ESCAPE AT THE LANDMARK MANDARIN ORIENTAL, HONG KONG
Hong Kong, 11 April 2019 – A new luxury accommodation package, Great Gourmet Escape, launched by The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, offers guests a special culinary experience to celebrate the upcoming reopening of its famed restaurant, Amber, and the unveiling of three new culinary concepts.
The chic hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Central, within walking distance of the city’s top galleries and luxury shopping.
Since opening the doors in 2005, two Michelin-starred Amber has been a firm favourite of global gourmets and is renowned for its innovative style, fresh ingredients and meticulous presentation.
Helmed by culinary pioneer, Chef Richard Ekkebus, Amber is widely recognised as one of the world’s best restaurants. While the hotel’s rooms and suites were re-designed by Joyce Wang in 2016, the exciting new Amber interiors are the work of renowned New York-based architect, Adam D. Tihany.
Amber will reopen in early May 2019.
“Taking a progressive, considered approach to fine dining, our intention for the new Amber menu is to push creative boundaries, amplify natural flavours and present ingredients in their purest form. We look forward to presenting our new dishes and welcoming guests through the doors soon” said Ekkebus.
In addition to Amber, three new dining venues will also open in early May:
• SOMM – a casual all-day dining restaurant, serving over 100 wines and sakes presented by expert sommeliers.
• Sushi Shikon – a quintessential Ginza sushi experience by Master Chef MasahiroYoshitake, the first three Michelin starred Japanese chef in Hong Kong, limited to eight seats.
• Kappo Rin – a sophisticated yet relaxed counter dining experience with a menu featuring modern Japanese cuisine, also by Chef Masahiro and with just 8 seats.
Priced from HKD 9,888 for two guests, the Great Gourmet Escape experience includes:
- Accommodation in an L900 Landmark Suite
- Daily champagne breakfast at SOMM
- Seven-course dinner for two at Amber
- Late check-out until 4 pm
- Priority reservations at Sushi Shikon and Kappo Rin
- The Great Gourmet Escape package is valid from 15 May to 31 December 2019 for a minimum stay of two nights and rates are per room per night, based on double occupancy and subject to 10% service charge. The seven-course Amber menu excludes beverages.
- Reservations are subject to availability.
For further information, visit mandarinoriental.com/landmark
About The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- Intimate, contemporary and ideally placed in the vortex of Hong Kong’s financial and luxury shopping districts, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong sets the standard for personal service and stylish sophistication. State-of-the-art technology compliments alluring interiors in its 111 spacious rooms and suites, each one a tranquil retreat for business and leisure travellers.
- Chef Richard Ekkebus helms the kitchen at two Michelin-starred Amber restaurant and world-renowned musical talents play in the unparalleled exclusivity of MO Bar, equally popular on weekends for its indulgent weekend brunch.
- The recently opened PDT cocktail bar within MO Bar, the first international outpost of the PDT NYC, has instantly become the spot for cocktail lovers. Escape Hong Kong’s urban bustle at The Oriental Spa with rejuvenating Yoga and Pilates plus the pure pleasures of exclusive facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Treatments.
- For more information and reservations visit http://www.mandarinoriental.com/landmark/.
About Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 32 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.